Thursday, December 13, 2007

In England, teachers think school managers are full of it

Have worked for 4 LAs in my career. Generally they are all full of self serving, process driven, useless and incompetent idiots. Who, if they were any good at their jobs, would be out in the private sector. Was talking to a cabinet level member recently who said he believed the main cause of the ills of our(large shire) LA was useless middle management at C Hall.

justforfun in another one bites the dust


My SMT
Location: Notiingham

My SMT are scared of the parents and scared of the kids. I have lost count of the number of kids who have done things that should have led to a permanent exclusion but have been given another chance. Needless to say they laugh at the naivety of this and carry on as they did before.


ged b (history) in "Rate My SMT"


In some schools the SMT are like the heart, nourishing the body bringing warmth to all. In others they are like the lungs, bringing life and freshness.

In my school they are like the appendix. No-one is sure where they are; most don't know what they do and the only time you do notice them is when they are a pain.


eyeseetee in "Rate My SMT"


Ours are about to have a strike on their hands so that should identify them fairly soon! More layers of leadership (I use the word in its loosest sense) than an onion because we're a federation, every fault is magnified and concentrated as it filters through the layers.

lilyofthefield in "Rate My SMT"


Location Yorkshire

Our SMT renamed themselves Senior Leadership Group and didnt realise that we all thought it was because they werent a team and couldnt manage!


anonymous in "Rate My SMT"